In the months following each Easter season, CVC always encourages its members to find ways to get involved in the community and to bring the light of Jesus outside the walls of the church and into the world. Here are a few ministries we partner with each year:
- Pack Shack: We host this fun annual event in the Family Life Center on a Sunday night. The entire church takes this great opportunity to “Be Neighborly” and pack 11,000+ meals in about an hour, all of which befit a local charity.
- Night Owls: Night Owls is an evening to let parents of children with special needs and their typically developing siblings have a night out. We watch the kids 1:1 with trained medical staff including physicians, physical therapists, nurses, and speech therapists and have appropriate activities depending on the needs of the child. The parents use the time to have a date, work on a project, or even take a nap! If you are interested in participating in future Night Owls events, please click here.
- Walk for the Waiting: The CALL joined other helping agencies for the Walk for the Waiting, which raises awareness on the shortage of foster and adoptive families in Arkansas. It is a 5K run and 1 mile family walk. CVC’s team raised money and walked in this event.
- Ronald McDonald House: Through CVCKids, we serve meals at Ronald McDonald House. This is an opportunity to teach our children to serve. CVCKids returns regularly to provide a meal!
- CVC in Action: During this day, our children team with adult classes to make care packages for local neighborhood servants, the elderly and kids in need. The children then lead our worship service that day with songs and scripture. It is a wonderful day to be encouraged by our children and to witness all they can do to serve their community and church when allowed to do so.